A Character Artist and Animator will work as part of our game development team and be responsible for character creation. The position requires infinite creativity and relentless attention to detail, extensive experience and technical savvy.
Salary: $55,000/year, discretionary bonus
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 hours/day, 40 hours/week.
Benefits: Dental insurance, extended medical insurance, MSP, accidental death and dismemberment, life insurance.
Location: 400 – 990 Homer St, Vancouver, British Columbia
Vacation: 10 days per year
- Define and create a character pipeline from concept to modeling, rigging and animation
- Design and support complex character, facial and weapon rigs and other game assets
- Responsible for continuity of character style, with relentless attention to theme, style and feel
- Degree or diploma in graphic design, game design or related.
- Experience making 3d characters in the video game industry
- Experience designing stylized, non-photo real characters and creatures
- Strong drawing skills
- 2D keyframe animation
- 3D animation and modeling skills
- Deep knowledge of all facets of game art creation
- Mastery of MAYA, ZBrush, Photoshop, Illustrator, Substance, 3D Coat, CrazyBump, After Effect, Unity Engine, Unreal Engine
- Impressive portfolio of sample work, demonstrating artistic merit compatible with our suite of games.
Think you’re the right person? Send your resume, website and/or work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org